Street Event Application Guide (Formerly, Block Party App.)
Obtain the Application
Contact (8:00AM -5:00PM) Streets Department Customer Affairs Unit at (215) 686-5560.
Visit the Block Party Drop Box on the Concourse Level of the Municipal Services Building (8:00AM - 5:00 PM) or go to Room 960 (9AM – 2PM), MSB, 1401 John F. Kennedy Boulevard.
Download Street Event Application (formerly, Block Party App.)
Download Street Event Petition (for online application use only)
Complete the Application
Fill out the application and obtain necessary petition signatures. Photocopies of the signatures are not accepted. Incomplete forms will be returned to the applicant, unprocessed.
Mail the Application
Mail or drop off the application and petition along with a check or money order (NO CASH) for $25.00 per block,
per day in the Block Party Drop Box located in the Concourse of the MSB.
- If approved, block parties held on a weekday are $150
- There will be an increased fee of $60 if a block party request is made less than 21 days before event
- You should receive your permit within two (2) weeks prior to the event. If the permit is not received by this time, please call 215-686-5500 to inquire
- No applications will be processed within 4 days of event, since SEPTA and Philadelphia Police need to be informed
- Rain Dates: Indicate next day (if following day is a Sunday) or following weekend. No rain dates on Holidays. No refunds for cancellation
- If application is rejected, please return rejection letter along with any and all requested information. The Streets Department must receive an application at least 21 calendar days before the event